Not every long distance relationship is as tedious and as complicated as you think it is. The ability to keep a relationship doesn’t matter if it’s a long or short one lies with you and your partner..
Maintaining a long distance relationship is all about teamwork and finding a balance between how much you give and how much you receive in the relationship.
Corina Dondas of All Women Stalk lists 7 top signs that you and your partner can handle a long distance relationship:
You are optimistic: One of the most #obvious signs that you and your partner are ready for a long-distance relationship is that you are positive when you think about your relationship. You are optimistic about your future together and you know that if you are willing to make certain compromises, your #relationship will flourish no matter how far you are from each other.
2. You two trust each other: If you and your partner trust each other and you know that you have nothing to worry about when you live in different cities or different parts of the globe, then this may be a clear sign that you two can handle a long-distance #relationship. There might still be some insecurities that your #partner might find someone else, but try not to let them interfere with your happiness.
3. You value communication: If you want your long-distance #relationship to be successful, then you and your partner have to be aware of the importance of good communication. It’s very important to be in touch with each other through e-mails, webcam chats, phones or anything else. This will strengthen your bond and it will give you a sense of togetherness.
4. You plan surprises for each other: If you and your loved one love to plan surprises for each other because you like bringing a smile to each other’s faces as often as you can, you might handle all the challenges that a long-distance #relationship can bring. You could send each other e-cards, gifts, love letters or you could dedicate love songs that will illustrate the feelings you have for each other.
5. You take your relationship seriously: If you want your long-distance relationship to work, then you and your partner need to take it seriously. You have to keep your #relationship a high priority. For example, if your #partner calls, then you should try to answer them, no matter how busy you are. Return their texts as soon as possible. Basically, do #everything in your power to show them how important they are to you.
6. You love to travel: If you are a big fan of traveling, then a long-distance relationship might be perfect for you since you will often have the #chance to just hop on a train, plane or car and go visit your significant other.
7. You are not jealous: If you are not a jealous individual and if you and your #partner don’t have any trust issues, then you two can handle a long-distance relationship. Jealousy can ruin any relationship, especially the long-distance ones since as you are not always around your significant other, you don’t know what they are doing or with whom they are.